AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to post about an analog TV, however I want to buy a 36" Direct View TV for my 80 year old father for Christmas. His eye sight is pretty bad and he current has to sit about 4 ft away from his 27" TV to see it. I'm hoping a larger TV will allow him to sit in his recliner which is about 9 ft away.

Anyway, any comments on the Sony KV-36FS100 ? I can get one for $850 which is about $350 less than retail. I can also get a KV-36FS13 for the same price however I believe it is an older model.???

The size of the room will only support a 36" so anything larger is not an option. He doesn't need HDTV or DTV for that matter... and $850 is the max I want to spend.

Any comments for suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by budk
Sorry to post about an analog TV, however I want to buy a 36" Direct View TV for my 80 year old father for Christmas. His eye sight is pretty bad and he current has to sit about 4 ft away from his 27" TV to see it. I'm hoping a larger TV will allow him to sit in his recliner which is about 9 ft away.

Anyway, any comments on the Sony KV-36FS100 ? I can get one for $850 which is about $350 less than retail. I can also get a KV-36FS13 for the same price however I believe it is an older model.???

The size of the room will only support a 36" so anything larger is not an option. He doesn't need HDTV or DTV for that matter... and $850 is the max I want to spend.
There is a short thread on it here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ight=KV36FS100

Phil

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... but I already searched the site for any comments. I was hoping to get additional info and other comments.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.