AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sony is sick, as referenced in another thread. Picture will roll horizontally on 1080i sources. It will "shred" digitally on 480i, and it will turn to digital garbage if I zoom on my PVR while watching 1080i. I've narrowed it down to a loose connection on one of the cards inside. If I pull the card to one side, the picture comes back completely clear. For the life of me I can't find any bad solder points on the card itself, but I suspect the socket it fits into may be the problem.

Burke Electronics (allav.com) quoted me a flat rate of $350 to fix it at my house. They didn't think it needed any parts, just some soldering. They guarantee their work for a year. Is this a fair price for the work? Are there any other shops I should consider? Thanks for all inputs.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I think that's a fair price for a house call. You certainly don't want to carry this HEAVY TV to a local repair shop. The technician will require some time to identify the root cause. And the one year warranty is a good investment because these sorts of problems can pop up again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.