AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to pair up a decent Progressive Scan DVD player for my XBR widescreen sony 34"

I already made the mistake of picking up the Denon DVD910 (with the image flicker)...luckilly i was able to return it.

I loved the 910's picture quality, and I'm convinced I need an equivalent DCDI output or better. I heard the Denon 1200 has the same problem. I'm unimpressed with the Samsung HD931. I wouldn't mind getting a Denon 2200 if it's compatible with the XBR.:confused:

Silicon Image vs Faroudja DCDI? thoughts, pros, cons for either one...?

I'm strongly leaning toward the 2200 given compatibility, but im looking for a second opinion.

thanks, any help appreciated.

other components in system include:

Receiver: Denon AVR2803

Cables: Monster M1000CV component video

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
The DVD-2200 is a good choice if you want DVD-audio and SACD. Silicon Image is reportedly slightly better quality for film-based DVD titles, while Faroudja is better de-interlacing for video-based DVD titles.

·
Registered
311 Posts
For what it's worth, my Denon DVD-2900 (same video section as the 2200) looks amazing on my Sony RPTV (kp61-s30). It's not an XBR and it's not a direct view, but it *is* Sony and they tend to make a lot of common engineering decisions. As long as your monitor has a "native" 480P mode, the 2200 is a very good choice.

Brian.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.