AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

My Sony KV36XBR400 TV set started exhibiting these very strange signs. Sometimes the picture starts "jumping" slightly and then at times the screen may go black for a second or two and then come back. This may repeat over and over again, especially if the set was used for an hour of so.

I know nothing about TV Sets, so I was curious, what could be wrong with it and is there an easy fix to this issue?

PS. I tried contacting the Sony customer support via chat and all they were able to do is to make me plug it into different outlets and then directed me to a service center.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdre /forum/post/16968667

Does it do it with just one input or all? (Cable TV directly connected, Cable TV box, DVD, etc.)

Thanks for your reply. I don't know about all the inputs, but it does with two for sure. I have a DVR box hooked up to the AUX input via coax cable, and also Xbox 360 that is connected to the VIDEO IN 1, using Red, white and yellow cables (I believe they are called RCA). In case of the Xbox the picture even "jumps" once in awhile.

I observed it more today and it seems to be a timing thing. If I just turn the set on it works fine, well, maybe with a little "jiggle" of the screen, but later on, say, after an hour or so the screen starts to blink.

So, what do you think is happening with it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I wish I knew what you said
It is more realistic for me to get rid of this set and get me a new one since paying for repairs will probably be half the price of a new set. The bad thing is that this KV36XBR400 weighs so much and I'm sure it won't be easy to find someone who'd be interested in it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I got both of mine as projects from Craigslist. If someone like me is in your area, they might want it, if it's cheap enough. Yours does work, show a picture of it working if you list it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I'm in the Washington State, not far from Portland, OR. I don't even know how much to ask for that set? (And yes, the picture is showing and it's working quite OK for the first hour or so.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.