AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sony KW-34HD1 came with its own DTV receiver which connects to the TV via a Sony proprietary cable. Since I installed a Sony HD100 receiver, I no longer need to use the original receiver and cable. Now, every time I turn on the TV I get a message telling me to "Please check the DTV receiver connection". The message stays on for about 30 seconds and is quite annoying. Sony service has been NO help (other than telling me to try "setup" or "hook up the old receiver" again). Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but cabinet space is the issue. It seems pretty silly to keep a receiver the size of an old VCR hooked up just to keep the message from appearing. There must be a better solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why did you switch to the HD100? Perhaps this is common knowledge on this forum, but I would like to know the specifics. I'm still using the HD1 DTV tuner - am I missing something?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
What does the HD1's tuner/receiver work with? OTA only? Or does it somehow work with DirecTV or the DISH Net?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.