AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
If their other product lines are anything like their over-priced and under-performing LCD televisions, I'd bet they're losing billions, regardless of the depressed economy.

Yeah, this coming from a guy with an XBR4 in his living room.

09' doesn't look much better either, as it already appears they're just tossing a 240hz band-aid on the same tv's and will almost certainly not conduct any meaningful price reduction (if any at all judging by recent history).

James

·
Registered
870 Posts
The amazing Kreskin forsaw this loss just after sony forecast a 2.2 billion profit year...but ended up with almost 2 billion negative. But hey, plasmas had there best year ever.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yeah, I used to work for Sony, this isn't really surprising to me or anyone else who's been in their employ.

They were hurting already right around the time I left. Sir Howard had been in for a couple of years by then, but things really hadn't seemed to change much. There was a real culture of arrogance and mismanagement from many in positions of power (with a few prominent exceptions). Politics and turf battles seemed more important than results or innovation. Ppl were out for themselves only, basically.

Just your typical big, fat, lazy, dumb, bloated corporate giant. Kinda sad, there's so many cool things they were responsible for in the past. But Apple, Samsung, and Nintendo have eaten their lunch right in front of them, and they just can't seem to react, even as the axe slowly starts to descend upon them.

They need an enormous top-to-bottom shakeup/overhaul, and they need it yesterday. If I were Sir Howie, I'd fire so very many ppl.

·
Registered
915 Posts
If SONY would stop their foolish price fixing on Blu-ray disks, TV's and projectors, etc..., they would be killing the competition. Someone needs to tell SONY their is a recession on. $359 for a 200 watt replacement lamp; they should be ashamed of themselves, but they are not. Maybe now they will end their heavy handed pricing practices but I won't hold my breath.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts