AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
It is kind of funny how my view of Sony has changed since they no longer have a "Trinitron" anymore. They are just another one of those almost no name companies putting their name on someone else's LCD panel, also, I guess the fact that they decided on LCD as thier primary TV technology also makes me lose respect for them as I always associated Sony as the company that was always concerned with having the best PQ and LCD says to me that Sony is more concerned with profit than quality and customer satisfaction. Sony would have to do something really special with Plasma or rethink doing the FED project again before I will ever consider them over Panasonic or Pioneer.

·
Registered
33,826 Posts
I think this may be indicative of the fact that Sony knows that the new technologies (OLED, SED etc) are a long way away from showing up at your local BB. It's smart for them to diversify rather than put all their eggs in the LCD basket.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Hmmm...maybe Sony has not seen the latest big plasma pricing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.