AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I eventually sell everything I own, I have stubbornly held on to my Sony MDP-333 Laserdisc player (manufacture date: Sept. 1990!).

I'm now watching "The Boyfriend" with Twiggy, but one thing I lost in my moves was the original remote control.

I tried entering suggested MX-500 codes for Sony LD (053, 110), but no luck.

Before you ask, I also searched Remote Central and this site for MDP-333-related threads (so, now I know that Rachael Bellomy owned an MDP-333).

If anyone has any information on how to control this aging beast, let me know.

P.S. It's far from DVD-quality but I have quite a few LD-issued classics.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Michael, I'm relatively sure I have a remote for one MDP-333 in the closet. I'll give it to you. I hope it stille works. e-mail me! Best wishes!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I do have the remote. It has a button to power on or off a TV. That button works on one of my Sony TVs. I have no way to check anything else. The player is long gone. It's yours for the low, low price of just: 2 sheep, your first born son, and a good shooter marble. Nix that! Shipping and handling will do! Best wishes from remoteland!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rachael:

Thanks, mucho! I'll send you my contact details separately.

BTW, the 054 did actually kinda work. It skips chapters with the Channel Up and Down button, but not with the actual skip buttons on the MX-500. It will also fast forward and fast reverse the player, but nothing else works, so your remote will be great.

Since I have no first-born son, you'll have to come up with something else. Two sheeps it is! :D.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ahhhh, the MDP-333 that is a name I haven't heard

in a long long time. Actually not really. I still have one and it works, still spins LDs. Funny story, I got it back in the year of our lord, 1990, and a friend of mine kicked a soccer ball inside my house and bam it hit the front of the MDP-333. It broke the 'S' on the LCD read out panel. So when ever I turned it on without a LD being loaded I got the following greeting "no di c". After my therapist explained what had happened, I came to grips with my electronic devices and soon learned that it wasn't personal.

Geez,

Jeff

btw, I do have the original manual if needed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.