AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ave,

I'm trying to decide between the Sony MDR-DS6000 & the Turtle Beach Ear Force X41.

Both are pretty much the same cost; 2.4GHz RF Wireless; have Optical inputs; and pretty much feature most of everything I'm looking for. My main usage is going to be XBOX 360 gaming, Blu-ray movies & DVD's. I will not be using the Microphone (X41) cause I have no intention of gaming chat.

While the X41 is 7.1, seems to look more comfortable around the ear, and has exception reviews anywhere I look .... The one major thing going for the Sony MDR-DS6000 is that it has DTS Decoding. DTS is not supported by the X41's at all!! From what I understand, not even Core DTS (Correct me if I'm wrong). That's a big handicap as a lot of Blu-ray & even DVD movies I have feature DTS or DTS-HD (Core DTS Passthrough).

I'm not sure if one is better then the other sound-wise. So looking for some input.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson /forum/post/18313955

Could have just asked in the headphone thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=894251

I've added a short note there; but it sometimes harder to get responses in long standing threads when your question is kind of restricted. That particular thread is open to all brands/models. I'm kinda shortlisted on these two.

Yet, I can't criticize your suggestion; I should have tried there first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts