AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums and as such this is my first post ever

So for my first question does anyone know if the "Sony NX500" series tv will be coming to north america and if so, do you happen to know what yearly quarter it will be in?

The Second question I have is does these series of lcd-tv's use Sony's BE2 or BE3 image processor?

The model that I'm particularly interested in is the 32" "KDL-32NX503" in the UK but I imagine it would just be called the "KDL-32NX500" here in north america. So if anyone has any info this lcd-tv please can you let me know.

So if thanks in advance to anyone if their able to find out what I need to know.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there, thanks for the reply and trying to help but I'm affraid you got the wrong tv linked. The Sony tv I'm trying to find out about is the "KDL-32NX500", it's apart of the "NX500" series. It's not led back-lit but that's fine with me because I just love the front dark tintd glass panel over the lcd display.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya..I just love the monolithic deisgn but the one on the sony uk website was a 32" lcd tv with the same glass front panel as the "NX700" series but it was a step down model called the "NX503" series in the uk so it should probally be called "NX500" series here in usa and canada.

I'll post a direct link in my next post as I needed to have at least 3-posts before I could post it...lol.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'd like thank everyone who did respond to my previous posts but it looks like I found out what I wanted to know about the Sony lcd tv I was looking at, in that it does indeed to seem to use the out dated BE2 engine so I guess I'll look somewhere else for a nice 32" lcd tv.

P.S. The new Infinia LE7500 series from LG looks to be very promising.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts