AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curt says on his website that Barco 1200s can come with either Sony or MEC tubes. Can anyone tell by looking at the electron gun (I guess that's what you call it) in this photo which tubes I have? Or tell me how to tell the difference? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
On the BELL of the tube (the OTHER END) you will see a Barco sticker - SOME say Panasonic.........

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
OH, Look at your G2 board...............

Im sure the sony tubes will have 4 red focus wires into the focus block.

Panasonic have NONE going to the tube.........

(That might be 808 series only? I have never seen a 9" sony)

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mad,

Thanks for the response. I can't see the label without pulling tube, which looks like it's a pretty big job. I have a red focus wire going to each tube. I guess that assures they're Sony tubes, right?

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Post a pic of the bells.

Sony and MEC tubes have completely different shapes.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark,

The bell is not visible without removing the tube. The front of a 1200 chassis is like a box. The tube faces are on the front of the box and the tube necks stick out the back side thru holes in the box.

·
Registered
746 Posts
1200 had Sony tubes when new and if you find MEC tubes from 1200, those aren't original...

Yep, Sony tubes need those red hv-cables from G2 to neck cards.

Have you seen "chassis noise" in your 1200?

My 1200 have similar vertically moving crap that all 800 chassis I have seen had. Haven't find noise source yet, but I'm going to seek it more after I get this ready.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.