AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I needed help choosing a tv, my choices are the Sony KDL-32xbr2 and the Samsung LN-3296D. I can get both for around 1250 so the price isn't an issue. I won't be having HD programming for a while so I'll be watching dvd's, playing xbox 360, and hooking up my laptop to it most of the time. So far all reviews I've seen are equal for both. The samsung has a 6000:1 dynamic contrast ratio whereas the sony has a 7000:1 dynamic contrast ratio..will that make a noticeable difference? I'm a tv newb so any suggestions are helpful..thank you.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome to AVS Forum..

Looks like you know what you want already.

1. Price isn't and issue

2. 7000:1

3. Hookup your XBOX 360, Laptop, DVDs an etc..

Compare the two sets if you can in person and take your time, there is not rush. Make the right choice and you'll be happy with the right one.

Do recommend getting something better than 32" there is the factor of HD Window Box which would be make a 32" and 26" for viewing. 37" would be 30" and a 42" would be 38" for viewing. You might want to get a 42" since you said price wasn't an issue. It might be 10" more than you wanted but you'll be happen in the long run..

Good Luck...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.