AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a trick to make the Pearl brighter? I know there was a way to do this with the Ruby but have heard no confirmation that something similar is possible on the Pearl.

I'm nearing 1000 hours on my Pearl (love it) and am noticing a significant decrease in brightness. Using a Da-lite High Power so short of going something with even more gain, screen selection isn't much of an option.

Just want to get as much life as possible out of these lamps.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Varney /forum/post/0

Is there a trick to make the Pearl brighter? I know there was a way to do this with the Ruby but have heard no confirmation that something similar is possible on the Pearl.

I'm nearing 1000 hours on my Pearl (love it) and am noticing a significant decrease in brightness. Using a Da-lite High Power so short of going something with even more gain, screen selection isn't much of an option.

Just want to get as much life as possible out of these lamps.

I would just get a new lamp. Keep the high power.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts

Quote:

that sucks to hear.

Are you using a high or low lamp setting?

I'm at about 175 hrs on mine and the brightness is *perfect* for me on a low/no gain screen (actually b/o cloth). For most of last year I was closing in or surpassing 2000 hours on my NEC, and it was fatiguingly dim for the nearly the entire time.

I was hoping my next pj would sail past that hour mark a lot more easily, but I guess that isn't likely to be the case, is it?

·
Registered
4,644 Posts

Quote:

Have you tried the service menu setting mentioned in the following quote from another thread ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian27 /forum/post/0

Has anyone enter in the service menu in "OTHER" and change the default values on IRIS:0 to:1, I do, and I get an image noticeable brightest, can this setting cause a damage?, please any advice or suggestion

Thanks in advance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.