AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has been able to get the Pearl to accept the 24P output from the Sony BDP-S1 via HDMI. All other formats work fine but as soon as I switch to 24P output, the screen goes blank until I switch back to 1080/60P. The status on the projector does indicate it is receiving 24P input.

·
Registered
596 Posts
No problems here with a PS3->Elite 84TXSi->Pearl

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Curious if anyone is using a Sony DA5200ES with their setup? I have one and am wondering if it will output @ 24. It has built in video upconversion through a Faroudja chipset which is set to 1080p. Doesn't say if it will output native or 60hz. Anyone know? I believe I can switch off this conversion, but I would rather still have my Escient system going through the upconversion if possible. Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahummer /forum/post/0

Just curious if anyone has been able to get the Pearl to accept the 24P output from the Sony BDP-S1 via HDMI. All other formats work fine but as soon as I switch to 24P output, the screen goes blank until I switch back to 1080/60P. The status on the projector does indicate it is receiving 24P input.

Jeremy, I read in another post where the pearl will only accept 24p from HDMI input#1. I have no idea if this is correct or not but give it a try if you have it connected on the #2 input.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm able to use 24p on both inputs of my Pearl. HTPC on HDMI2, all the rest on HDMI1

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the replies folks, but no ideas why the screen goes blank as soon as I switch to 24P but works fine at 60P?

·
Blu-ray Reviewer
15,484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Burk /forum/post/0

Jeremy, I read in another post where the pearl will only accept 24p from HDMI input#1. I have no idea if this is correct or not but give it a try if you have it connected on the #2 input.

Greetings,

My Pearl accepts it on both HDMI inputs as well.

Regards,

·
Registered
456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahummer /forum/post/0

jahhummer,

Take this for what it's worth as I don't have a Pearl or a PS3, but I do want one though :)

I have a benq 7700 with an htpc on HDMI, then switched the source to an Oppo DVD player. I got a blank screen as well and the PJ reported the signal correctly as 720p 60hz. I tried changing cables and restarted the pj (via the remote) and dvd player. I finally got it going by powering down the PJ via the main power switch and restarting it. I don't really understand it, but the PJ seemed to 'remember' the old HTPC source and switching it from standby to full on doesn't allow it to see the new source device. It's been working fine ever since.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm also able to get 24fps on both HDMI ports via PS3.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avguygeorge /forum/post/0

I have a Ruby via hdmi --and-- the sammy 1200. In the menu it won't allow me to highlight the 24fps selection. Anybody have this problem?? -- 'sides me??

The Ruby does not support 1080p/24 only 1080/24PsF. Maybe this info is passed to the player via EDID hence being unable to select.

Dazzer

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Silly me, did not eliminate all equipment in the chain, turned out to be the Newcastle HDMI switch, which apparently does not support 24hz.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.