AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!!! I am new to this forum. I just recieved my VPL-HS20 today:) I turned it on and was amazed. I was just wondering if anyone new the dead or stuck pixel policy for Sony. I have 1 blue in the upper center and 3 green on the right half of the screen. Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't know what it is, but you could just call their customer service # or call the store where you bought it from and ask what's their exchange policy.

my $0.02

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I know official policy does allow for multiple stuck/dead pixels.

However, 4 sounds a bit excessive and should be covered under warranty.

The blue sounds like it could be within the A-zone (main viewing circle) which will be what needs to be highlighted.

However, the one main question will be the theshold of how far back are the pixels actually visible.

For example, an "expert" can walk right up to a projector shooting a dark-grey screen and see some pixels that might be blue or green. But if you walk back to normal viewing distance, they could be completely un-noticable. Pixels of these intensity are typically not addressed as quickly as the bright-shiney ones that you can see from 20' away that look like a laser pointer.

How far back can you actually see these 4 pixels?

In any case, might not be a bad idea to call Sony anyway.

But keep in mind, if they are not within specification and Sony will correct the pixels for you ... it will probably be quicker just to send it in to Sony, have them swap out the panels and send it back ... then to wait for a new one (if they even offer an exchange).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The blue one is most nocticable at about 8 feet, one green at about 5 feet, and the rest about one foot, viewing distance. From normal viewing position I can't see the blue pixel, but my screen is only 72" since I am using my 4:3 screen. Is it possible that the stuck pixels might correct themselves? I'v heard of this on the forum. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.