AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a copy the Sony PJ calc software they can post a link to? I was able to score up a G70 yesterday with 3068 hours. The tubes are near perfect; the image is sweet. I would like to figure out my options for ceiling mount and screen placement.

Thanks!

Willie

Uh, doh. I found a copy on my server.

Thanks!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey Willie! How goes it? It sounds like someone got a Sony projector. Tell.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tony,

Picked up a G70 2 weeks ago from a tech at UW Madison. 3000 hours, in good shape. My 1085 and 1083 will be on Ebay shortly :)

Oh, and I wish the Vikings all the best this season ;)

Willie

·
Registered
802 Posts
Don't use the PJCalc settings, IMO. They place the PJ about 5-10% too close for optimal raster usage.

What I did was use PJ calc to get a rough idea of the angle to use, etc, but for final placement, I ran the active image as wide as I was comfortable doing, and slid the PJ fore and aft until I figured out the right placement. The PJCalc "will work", but it's way too conservative, IME.

---Jim

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie
Tony,

Picked up a G70 2 weeks ago from a tech at UW Madison. 3000 hours, in good shape. My 1085 and 1083 will be on Ebay shortly :)

Oh, and I wish the Vikings all the best this season ;)

Willie
If you dont mind my askin.......how much?

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Too far away Sokoloff, PJcalc puts the projector too far away for full raster usage.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Um, I meant too close to the back wall? ;)

I can see that you're not buying that explanation (and don't blame you), so I'll just admit that you're right... :)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by emdawgz1
If you dont mind my askin.......how much?
No, I don't mind. $2,000. The seller Included a complete set of spare boards from a second G70 that he scrapped due to toasted tubes. He also had done all the latest firmware upgrades. All in all, I thought it was a fair deal. I actually believe I might not collect any more PJ's for a while.

Hello. My name is Willie. I have not purchased a crt projector in 6 months . . .

Willie

Cheesehead

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.