AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find any direct comparison threads or posts. I was wondering about the HD and SD video quality of both players and their decoded HDMI audio signals, mostly HD audio. How do these Blu-Ray players compare? I like the Panasonic BD55 but the PS3 has useful features and lacks certain issues that the BD55 has. Any and all comparisons of other features and issues are welcome. I am mostly interested in the video quality for BD and SD dvd's and of decoded audio quality. Feel free to comment or point me to another post or thread. I searched and could not find (only one thread comparing SD dvd quality of the PS3 BD35/55 and others. I want more compared as per above).

thanks,

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc /forum/post/15475013

I can't seem to find any direct comparison threads or posts. I was wondering about the HD and SD video quality of both players and their decoded HDMI audio signals, mostly HD audio. How do these Blu-Ray players compare? I like the Panasonic BD55 but the PS3 has useful features and lacks certain issues that the BD55 has. Any and all comparisons of other features and issues are welcome. I am mostly interested in the video quality for BD and SD dvd's and of decoded audio quality. Feel free to comment or point me to another post or thread. I searched and could not find (only one thread comparing SD dvd quality of the PS3 BD35/55 and others. I want more compared as per above).

thanks,

Try asking here. LINK

·
Premium Member
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, one thing I hadn't noticed is that the PS3 uses a heck of a lot of power vs a standalone. Disappointing. Not surprising though, since consoles are sort of a game PC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts