Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I have been lurking and learning at this forum for about 1,5 years now and need your help for once.

This question is directed at video joe, because he seems to have lot's of experience with the Sony PX range of projectors.

I would like to calibrate my PX20, because of some green haze over the picture. It seems that you have been tuning the colortemp from within the service menu. Could you, or anyone else that knows how to accomplish this, give me some directions?

If someone has any kind of technical service manual or info for this projector, please respond. The right side of the image also has some misconvergence (maybe need to re-align the lcd-panels?), like a green haze and/border.

Thanks for your input!

regards,

iforx

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm sorry IFORX just saw your post... Can't remember off top of my head??? I have to call my tech for the exact service codes (can't call until monday) but it is the same as the 10HT (something like ...up, down, enter, enter, up , down). If you need to know today do a search on this or the Sony 10ht forum... It's fairly simple.

However, write down your factory settings as you can easily end up with a MUCH worse picture (if you are not sure what you are doing).

Also, I remember not too long ago there was a guy who used a red filter on his 10HT with great results. Maybe you could shout out to him. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks video joe, for replying!

After a quick search, I found the sequence for the 10HT:

Enter Enter Up Down Enter

I am going to try messing with it later on. Do you have experience in opening up these babies? If so, do you have a guide how to do it? Did you ever re-aligned the lcd-panels manually?

regards,

iforx

·
Registered
109 Posts
Unfortunately, I do not have any experience opening the units up. Although I'm told it's not a big deal. If we have any problems (which have been few and far between) we just send them back to Sony and within a week or so it comes back corrected. I'm not sure where you bought your 20 from or what the warranty is over on your side of the ocean is??? But all the Sony stuff here has a 3 year warranty which your 20 should have at least 1 1/2 years left.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This means I am on my own, I think. Maybe I will open it to check out, anyway :)

I bought the unit second hand of a rental outlet, where a friend used to work. They told me the warranty was 1 year, but I'll check that out later.

Thanks anyway, for replying.

regards,

iforx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.