AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Sony Qualia-004

1712 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Stephan
Hi

Is it still the best pj on the market, looking to get a new pj

but cant make up my mind!

Thanks!
See less See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
If I´m right it is not a dlp at all but something what sony calls SXRD, itself a variant of LCOS.
Viktor

The Qualia 004 is no longer in production. It remains a very good PJ but has been overtaken by several Pjs on the Market some of them much less expensive... From several accounts one of the best PJ at this time is the Sim HT 5000. I am deferring from that point to people much more knowledgeable about video that I am ...
Qualia 004 is still a good projector, but unless you need the brightness a Pearl or Ruby would be a better choice.

1-chip DLP is no option for me when it comes to quality, so it has to be 3-chip. The already mentioned HT5000 might be an option. I'm still waiting for my dealer to get one for me. I'll talk to Sim2 next week at High-End and see what they have to say about it.

DP also has the Titan 250 in the pipeline, so be sure to check that out as well.
I have a strong objection with the native colorimetry of the SIM2, the Titan willl be better in that department.
I have already try, the sharp 20000, benq 10000, and the Jvc

and i fail to see whats so amazing
with the JVC think the Sharp is better

But so far i haven't found the wow Pj, anyone seen the Runco hs 1100?
See less See more

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX /forum/post/0

I have a strong objection with the native colorimetry of the SIM2, the Titan willl be better in that department.

Peter,

We are almost nine months since the Titan CEDIA showing. Where is it ?

Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn /forum/post/0

We are almost nine months since the Titan CEDIA showing. Where is it ?

It's not there yet and it probably won't be for a while. I talked to them yesterday and was told they have no shipping date yet. They're still working on it and will release it as soon as possible. I asked them if it will be this year and the the answer was that they don't know. So either they really don't know or they simply didn't want to tell me.

I've also talked to the guys at Sim2 and the HT5000 looked really nice in their setup as far as overall quality goes. It was too bright on the small screen they used, but it throws a nice image in combination with the ISCO III.

I'm still waiting for my dealer to get one in.

We really need something to happen in the 3-chip market. I looked at alot of projectors yesterday and all the 1-chip DLPs looked just terrible (as I've always said). Rainbow galore all over, and that includes the so called "high-end" projectors such as the Marantz VP11S1 and Sim2 HT3000. The best I've seen so far (but still rainbows) is the Action! Model 3 1080.
See less See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.