AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased the Sony RDR-GX7, so far I’m very happy. My main use is to record 1 hour TV shows I have on my DirecTiVo onto DVD-RW (video format) to take on the road with me to watch on my portable DVD. This is working great.

Now that I have it, however, I am also interested in archiving some things onto DVD-R to keep much longer.

For this purpose, I would like to use the RDR-GX7 to record onto one of the re-writable formats [DVD+RW, DVD-RW (VR format), or DVD-RW (video format)] which ever works best. Use that DVD to take the files to my PC (with Sony DRU 500A DVD burner), edit the files to remove commercials and extra footage at front and end of recording, change chapter and scene breaks, add better menus and then burn to DVD-R.

I have Pinnacle Studio 8 – can’t read the VOB files directly. I downloaded trial versions of ULead DVD Movie Maker and VirtualDub – can’t get the sound to work right – it appears the RDR-GX7 lays the sound track as AC-3?

Anyway (this is getting long – sorry), does anyone know what software I need to do this task? Anyone successfully captured files from a RDR-GX7 recording, edited on computer and burned back to DVD?

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.