AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have try to connect my portable computer (Dell inspiron 6000 with windows XP sp3) to my sony hx780. For that i have use the usb port in front of sony hx780.

but my computer don't recognize the hard drive of my sony hx780. I'd like to transfer the files of the hard drive of the sony directly to my computer.

Anyone can help me ?

Thank's

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The USB port on the Sony has very limited function and is essentially one-way as an input for a USB memory stick so that you can use the 780 as a jpg. viewer or mp.3 "jukebox". The 780 will not even power a portable external HDD via USB (it will function with an AC-powered external HDD). You cannot export files from the 780 directly. You will have to burn the programs to rewritable media and import the files to your computer.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Correct. The Sony 780 (and any similar recorder) cannot export files from its hard drive at all, the USB port is strictly for importing jpegs and MP3s from a memory stick. Allegedly it will also import from a PC hard drive over USB, but I have only heard from one AVS member who actually made that work. Assume the connection is for USB memory sticks (or cameras) only.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts