AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you people tell me which regions were only available these 2 recorders with component inputs was it only North America?

Because from what I have asking some sellers in France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain and UK none of them had component inputs only component outputs.

So if you please could tell me that would be nice or should I call Sony North America?

Also do let me know if you remember any other Sony models that had component inputs.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I can't answer your question about the different region versions, but I would recommend you NOT buy one of these older Sony recorders second-hand or used. The DVD drives have tended to fail after several years and Sony no longer repairs them. If you don't need the DVD drive, or only need the component inputs for pass-thru connection to another unit, then these older Sonys might be OK as long as you do not pay a lot of money. The same advice applies to any recorder brand or model older than two years: parts go bad, and they usually cannot be repaired. Be careful not to overpay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.