AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my dual Sony Ultimate TV receiver system from Orbit Satellite. All installed and everything working fine. However, I noticed there was not a receipt or invoice enlosed with any of the shipping boxes. So today I went online with "sammy", Orbit Sat's ONLINE CHAT Representative and he/she told me to just print my online invoice (if you can call it that) from there Website and use that as my receipt to Sony. I asked him/her if they were confident that I could use an online receipt and the response was "yes I am".

So, has anyone purchased this system from Orbit Sat and used the online invoice with Sony Rebates? DId you receive a printed invoice with your equipment instead? I want to be sure about this before I use the online invoice.

Thanks

Doug

·
Registered
391 Posts
Well I did not purchase through orbitsat, but did purchase an utv from mini-dish.tv. They had sent me an email as my receipt that I printed for the Sony rebate. This email looked really cheesy, but did work and I did get my rebate. Good luck with yours, rebates really suck if you ask me. Check out this web page to see the status of your Sony rebate.

http://www.safeprocessing.com/sonypromo/home.asp

Rare

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I got my 2 UTVs from Orbit and will be sending in the rebates this week.

No, my box did not include any form of receipt/invoice. They advised me, too, that I should print the invoice from their website and sent it in.

If that does not cut it for the rebate, I'll be knocking on Orbit's door -- even if I have to drive to Massachusetts.

Good Luck,

SteveK

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ItsDouglas
So, has anyone purchased this system from Orbit Sat and used the online invoice with Sony Rebates? DId you receive a printed invoice with your equipment instead? I want to be sure about this before I use the online invoice.

Thanks

Doug
I can confirm that the printout WILL work.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Got two from minidish and used the e-mail as the receipt. It makes sense there wouldn't be an actual invoice from orbit / mini since the UTVs are shipped directly from a 3rd party warehouse. As Kevin mentioned before: SEND BOTH OF THE REBATES SEPARATELY!!! You may even want to go the certified mail route, and as always, keep copies of everything. After a minor inconvenience, I got both of my rebates. :)

Sean

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the replies! I will heed your advice and send SEPERATE rebate envelopes, certified mail.

What a great forum!

Doug

·
Registered
88 Posts
I sent both my rebates in the same envelope. What I did was include a cover letter detailing that I was including rebates for TWO units and was providing the info for BOTH of them. I think they got the message cuase I did not have any problems with getting my rebate.

You can send them in individual letters if you wish but if you include a letter then you minimize the chance that one of the rebate forms will be overlooked.

foghorn

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Foghorn,

Frankly I'm surprised sending both rebates with a letter worked for you. A month or so ago I sent in my $100 rebate to Sony for a Computer I purchased at CC. The envelope was returned to me marked "P.O. Box Closed". So I called Sony Rebate center. They told me to place the un-opened envelope(so they could confirm Postmark) containing the rebate documents into another envelope and mail to a completley new address. So, I did that. About 2 weeks later I checked the online status of my rebate and it was denied because the Postmark was not within alloted time-frame! DUH! So, I called again and was asked if I had made a copy of the un-opened envelope! Sheeez. I had made a copy though and now I have to send that in. The rep told me that the rebate processing people never actually look too closely at the contents and are instructed to "look for denial indicators before doing anything else"...whatever that means...

Anyway, just thought I'd share..;-)

Doug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.