AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've got an STR-DE825 Sony Stereo Receiver that I use primarily for my personal stereo system. I have the A speakers hooked up to a pair of Boston speakers (about 6'' drivers).

I noticed that the balance between right and left always seems to favour the right side. This is when the balance knob is dead center, of course. When i move it to the left to balance out the sound, I hear a decrease in volume and even though I turn the volume up to compensate I get more noise and less bass.

I'm using identical speaker cables and the receiver still favours the right side while using just the headphones.

Any suggestions as to how I could fix it?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorbachev? /forum/post/14205751

Hello,

I've got an STR-DE825 Sony Stereo Receiver that I use primarily for my personal stereo system. I have the A speakers hooked up to a pair of Boston speakers (about 6'' drivers).

I noticed that the balance between right and left always seems to favour the right side. This is when the balance knob is dead center, of course. When i move it to the left to balance out the sound, I hear a decrease in volume and even though I turn the volume up to compensate I get more noise and less bass.

I'm using identical speaker cables and the receiver still favours the right side while using just the headphones.

Any suggestions as to how I could fix it?

Swap the speakers to see if the problem follows the left side speaker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.