AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've got an STR-DE825 Sony Stereo Receiver that I use primarily for my personal stereo system. I have the A speakers hooked up to a pair of Boston speakers (about 6'' drivers).

I noticed that the balance between right and left always seems to favour the right side. This is when the balance knob is dead center, of course. When i move it to the left to balance out the sound, I hear a decrease in volume and even though I turn the volume up to compensate I get more noise and less bass.

I'm using identical speaker cables and the receiver still favours the right side while using just the headphones.

Any suggestions as to how I could fix it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
maybe try adjusting the speaker levels? I'd be surprised if that impacted headphones, but then again stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorbachev? /forum/post/14205751

Hello,

I've got an STR-DE825 Sony Stereo Receiver that I use primarily for my personal stereo system. I have the A speakers hooked up to a pair of Boston speakers (about 6'' drivers).

I noticed that the balance between right and left always seems to favour the right side. This is when the balance knob is dead center, of course. When i move it to the left to balance out the sound, I hear a decrease in volume and even though I turn the volume up to compensate I get more noise and less bass.

I'm using identical speaker cables and the receiver still favours the right side while using just the headphones.

Any suggestions as to how I could fix it?

Swap the speakers to see if the problem follows the left side speaker.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried moving the speakers and It is definitely not the left speaker.

Like I said, the right side is louder even with the speakers off and listening to it with headphones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, the rear speakers are considerably lower in volume than the fronts. I've tried hooking the speakings I have up front to the rear speaker spots and i got drastically reduced volume. Any ideas?

·
Registered
156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenak /forum/post/14206505

maybe try adjusting the speaker levels? I'd be surprised if that impacted headphones, but then again stranger things have happened.

Have you tried this??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts