AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought the repackaged Sony "Blu-ray Essentials" movies? It has a paper sleeve over the movie box that says "Blu-ray Essentials" at the top and "Best of Blu-ray" at the bottom.

http://www.amazon.com/Casino-Royale-...0234021&sr=8-4


I'm guessing the movie disc and the box art are the same?


For Casino Royale, only the original edition gets the "Blu-ray Essentials" but not the Collector's Edition that has 2 discs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Picked up Spider-man and Spider-man 2. I noticed that the other "Essentials" have different barcode stickers that cover the original barcode of the existing blu-ray. You won't get the lower price point of the "Essentials" if you buy the version without the slipcase even though its the exact same disc and cover art.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdg81 /forum/post/19520575


Picked up Spider-man and Spider-man 2. I noticed that the other "Essentials" have different barcode stickers that cover the original barcode of the existing blu-ray. You won't get the lower price point of the "Essentials" if you buy the version without the slipcase even though its the exact same disc and cover art.

Just curious, the boxart inside the movie case, does it have "Blu-ray Essentials" printed on it?


At FYE, the older packaging without the Essentials slipcover is priced higher than the packaging with Essentials. As long Sony prices the Essentials packaging with lower price, I have no complain. Hopefully, Sony doesn't drop the 2nd disc from the Essentials after a while.


For example, FYE is selling 3 different editions of Casino Royale, original single disc edition (at highest price), 2-disc Collector's Edition (on sale for $9.99) and Essentials edition (higher priced than Collector's Edition). Probably confusing to some buyers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D /forum/post/19521076


Just curious, the boxart inside the movie case, does it have "Blu-ray Essentials" printed on it?

I was wondering about this myself. If it's just a slipcover, it wouldn't bother me. But if the cover art has the same "Essentials" artwork, I would pass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Ive been considering getting Spidey 1 and 2, but Im not sure, last time I watched those movies I greatly disliked them, despite enjoying them in the theaters.


Wonder if my mind will have changed again in the past several years
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,254 Posts
I'm waiting for Bad Boys in any form to hit $8, then I'll bite.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,225 Posts
I picked up Spider-Man 2 last week....it only has "essentials" on the slip cover, the printwork on the actual case does not have it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-raver /forum/post/19545196


Just bought my copy of Snatch. The Essential slipcover is very nice. It's very shiny and embossed.

Are the artcover and Blu-ray disc inside the case reprinted with "Essential"? Just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D /forum/post/19545363


Are the artcover and Blu-ray disc inside the case reprinted with "Essential"? Just curious.

No. I wish they were though. All they did was slap a "Essential" slipcover on it and used an eco case. Other than that, it's just the same original release.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top