AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue with the sony vpl-vw 100 projector lamp. Approximately every fifteen minutes or so to lamp goes out for 5 seconds and then starts again. The picture is fine and I already replaced the lamp (i thought that was the problem). I was thinking that it may be the lack of a power conditioner. The projector is mounted on the ceiling with a dedicated outlet overhead. i don't want to put a piece of equipment on top of the projector but i suspect there is a decrease in power which makes the lamp dark.

If anyone has any ideas or recommendations, I would appreciate it

RSS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

i had a Lamp Problem as well.

The Lamp didn start, although i could hear it trying (klick klick klick)

I sent it back to Sony, they told me, that it in fact is the lamp.

After a few mails i got a new Lamp from a service center.

Now the problem is gone and i can use it as normal.

the point, why i am writing is, that im not sure that they built in a new lamp.

the repair sheet says something about a bad contact that was solved and the lamp timer is already now after the rapair at 140 hours. i sent the lamp in with 120 hours.

the guy from the service center told me, they forgot to reset it but i think the lamp timer is in the lamp and so it is "resettet" automatically when you replace it.

can you tell me if your lamp timer with your new lamp was automatically resettet or did it go on counting from your last lamp hours ?

thanks from germany

·
Banned
70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut123 /forum/post/17318083

Hi,

i had a Lamp Problem as well.

The Lamp didn start, although i could hear it trying (klick klick klick)

I sent it back to Sony, they told me, that it in fact is the lamp.

After a few mails i got a new Lamp from a service center.

Now the problem is gone and i can use it as normal.

the point, why i am writing is, that im not sure that they built in a new lamp.

the repair sheet says something about a bad contact that was solved and the lamp timer is already now after the rapair at 140 hours. i sent the lamp in with 120 hours.

the guy from the service center told me, they forgot to reset it but i think the lamp timer is in the lamp and so it is "resettet" automatically when you replace it.

can you tell me if your lamp timer with your new lamp was automatically resettet or did it go on counting from your last lamp hours ?

thanks from germany

I agree with you on that major problem in the Pj are caused are by lamp. Why dont you change the lamp again return the lamp from where you have bought try another vendor. Try this link Sony VPl-VW10ht Lamp its about $284.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Considering the time it takes for the lamp to go off, I would say it is a thermal problem somewhere in your Ruby and not the lamp itself.

I would first check that the lamp connectors and the screws holding it are properly tightened.

Then I would check if you have the same problem when the Ruby is not ceiling mounted (did it run OK and ceiling mounted for a long time before the problem appeared ?).

If yes, I would send the Ruby to Sony for repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts