AVS Forum banner

2241 - 2253 of 2253 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
@Anode , this is a known issue with all D/M AVRs (i.e., when incoming chroma resolution is 4:2:2, bit depth isn't displayed correctly); I get the same thing with my Oppo as well as a Sammy UHD player.

·
Registered
270 Posts
@Anode , this is a known issue with all D/M AVRs (i.e., when incoming chroma resolution is 4:2:2, bit depth isn't displayed correctly); I get the same thing with my Oppo as well as a Sammy UHD player.
Thanks for the information. Hopefully D&M will fix this eventually.

Reactions: galonzo

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Dont you think HDMI version is important for compatibility between devices ? Why would I buy something that I am not sure if it will get along well with other devices or not ?

Not as important as you would think. More often you are fighting HDMI cable limitations or implementation bugs in one device or the other.

·
Registered
12,632 Posts
HDMI versions are not that important in this case. As I mentioned HDMI 1.3 or 1.4 (for 3D video) has been around for ages. But that doesn't mean all HDMI 1.3 /1.4 devices can work together flawlessly, far from it. Most issues are not related to HDMI versions at all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
SACD no sound over ARC

Did a search for this issue but couldn't find anything.

Samsung Q70
Denon 3313 AVR
Sony BD6500 Blu-ray.

Hooked up new TV and discovered I have to run audio through ARC because AVR will not pass newer protocol HDMI video to TV.

When I do this, the SACD layer of a SACD in the Sony will not play.  If I toggle to the CD layer, it works.  I have tried setting audio to PCM, DSD...nothing works.

Any suggestions? I like my Denon and don't feel like upgrading the AVR, although I know that's the cleanest solution.

THANKS!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,144 Posts
I would try digital coax direct from player to AVR. If you don't have a cable, RCA should work fine. On the Denon you can set the video source to HDMI and audio source to coax.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have an S6500 player and am trying to get the web browser to work. When I try to load a page such as www.avsforum.com I get an error that says the page is too large, not enough memory and the application will terminate. I checked the manual and do not see any way to add memory to the player. I am on the latest firmware.

I have been invited to a streaming event for a movie and would really like to watch it on my projector TV than on my computer which is why I'd like to get this browser to work.

I have an iMac and do not have a way to connect it.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
The browser was very limited and VERY slow the few times I tried to use it, assuming it still works at all. It does not support newer standards.

·
Registered
15,144 Posts
What most people do who play video from a browser on a tv is "cast" it from their phone or computer to a device you can cast to, like an Android TV or Chromecast, possibly even an Apple TV via AirPlay. There is no blu-ray player with a browser powerful enough to play video. It's simply the wrong tool for the job.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I would try digital coax direct from player to AVR. If you don't have a cable, RCA should work fine. On the Denon you can set the video source to HDMI and audio source to coax.
Can’t do SACD over coax.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
SACD no sound over ARC

Did a search for this issue but couldn't find anything.

Samsung Q70
Denon 3313 AVR
Sony BD6500 Blu-ray.

Hooked up new TV and discovered I have to run audio through ARC because AVR will not pass newer protocol HDMI video to TV.

When I do this, the SACD layer of a SACD in the Sony will not play. If I toggle to the CD layer, it works. I have tried setting audio to PCM, DSD...nothing works.

Any suggestions? I like my Denon and don't feel like upgrading the AVR, although I know that's the cleanest solution.

THANKS!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Have you tried changing the DSD Output Mode setting in the player?

If that doesn’t work time to get a player with dual HDMI outputs and split the audio/video.

2241 - 2253 of 2253 Posts