AVS Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 2253 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
BD Commentary is controlled by: BD Audio Mix Setting. If ON, you will get stereo output.
Sorry for being dense, but does that mean the commentary will either be on or off if I change that setting? I'll check out in a couple of weeks what happens if I change it to ON - I left today for an extended out-of town trip which is why I was so anxious yesterday to see if anything needed to be returned so I wouldn't end up stuck with something that wasn't going to work with my set-up. I guess I'll look for an online manual or something and read up to see if I can better understand what all the audio settings mean.

·
Registered
8,805 Posts
Sorry for being dense, but does that mean the commentary will either be on or off if I change that setting? I'll check out in a couple of weeks what happens if I change it to ON - I left today for an extended out-of town trip which is why I was so anxious yesterday to see if anything needed to be returned so I wouldn't end up stuck with something that wasn't going to work with my set-up. I guess I'll look for an online manual or something and read up to see if I can better understand what all the audio settings mean.
It says "Set whether to mix interactive audio and output". Last time I checked, you would get the commentary, but lose the DTS audio. It's been a while though. Like Gracenote?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Hi

I had some issues when listening to CD audios at night; I mean very silent music.
The drive produced some creaks every 4-5 seconds. Moreover; at the beginning and end of each song this creaks repeated more frequently.

This only happens when playing CD audios - every CD I played. DVDs don't behave like this.

Can anyone confirm this strange noise??

I would appreciate your help.
It's getting ready for Halloween...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sony BDPS 6500 No Signal Message

My Sony Blue Ray player seems to have an issue while connected to the receiver (Maratnz SR6010) to view via projector (EPSON 6030) but works without any issues when connected to my TV (Samsung UHD) directly. I can just guess that its an issue with some settings in the BD player that works fine with Samsung TV but not with Marantz receiver. Anyone has suggestions on how to resolve this issue.

Mostly the video goes on/off every 2-3 seconds OR is completely off with "No Signal" message. The audio works just fine.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
My Sony Blue Ray player seems to have an issue while connected to the receiver (Maratnz SR6010) to view via projector (EPSON 6030) but works without any issues when connected to my TV (Samsung UHD) directly. I can just guess that its an issue with some settings in the BD player that works fine with Samsung TV but not with Marantz receiver. Anyone has suggestions on how to resolve this issue.

Mostly the video goes on/off every 2-3 seconds OR is completely off with "No Signal" message. The audio works just fine.
I would make certain the HDMI cable (cables?) between the Sony player and Epson is secure (unplug and reattach at both ends). If that is not the problem then I would try a different HDMI cable. HDMI cables can be fragile.

·
Registered
4 Posts
720p youtube

I can only play youtube at 720p. Is it just me? I also noticed amazon video is very low quality. Netflix looks fine.
It also doesn't support hdhomerun's dlna, video freeze after a few seconds.

·
Registered
8,805 Posts
I can only play youtube at 720p. Is it just me? I also noticed amazon video is very low quality. Netflix looks fine.
It also doesn't support hdhomerun's dlna, video freeze after a few seconds.
Speaking only for Amazon, the display always starts poorly. It takes about 90 seconds before 1080/p24 settles in. Try some of the new movie trailers since they are free to watch. I don't know why it take so long since my TiVo starts at 1080/p24 almost instantly. Also, playing music with DNLA from two different servers has never been a problem for me. That includes rates up to 13Mbps on 5.1 audio from iTrax.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would make certain the HDMI cable (cables?) between the Sony player and Epson is secure (unplug and reattach at both ends). If that is not the problem then I would try a different HDMI cable. HDMI cables can be fragile.
I tried with different cables and the exact same problem persist. All the cables work perfectly when connected to the TV directly.

·
Registered
12,615 Posts
I tried with different cables and the exact same problem persist. All the cables work perfectly when connected to the TV directly.
It is typically the long HDMI cable problem between your receiver and PJ. Unless you are using Redmere cable from MonoPrice.com, I wouldn't trust any HDMI cable longer than 15ft.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
May we assume you're using the same long cables when it plays fine while connected to your Samsung TV?

Does the problem occur only when you pass the signal through the Marantz receiver but work fine when the Sony player is connected directly to the Epson?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Speaking only for Amazon, the display always starts poorly. It takes about 90 seconds before 1080/p24 settles in. Try some of the new movie trailers since they are free to watch. I don't know why it take so long since my TiVo starts at 1080/p24 almost instantly. Also, playing music with DNLA from two different servers has never been a problem for me. That includes rates up to 13Mbps on 5.1 audio from iTrax.
I tried amazon again for about 10 minutes, stream same video and measure the network traffic on my router. My s6500 only stream at 3.5Mbps, my old samsung tv stream same video at 8Mbps. My tv also only stream youtube at 720p. In youtube setting there is an option to display video info.

·
Registered
8,805 Posts
I tried amazon again for about 10 minutes, stream same video and measure the network traffic on my router. My s6500 only stream at 3.5Mbps, my old samsung tv stream same video at 8Mbps. My tv also only stream youtube at 720p. In youtube setting there is an option to display video info.
Interesting. I don't have the ability to measure traffic per device. I do have a "Dynamic QoS" that causes some channels to drop their speed by 30 to 40%. I disable that function. My S6500, S6200, AVR and Desktop all share ports on an EX7000 wireless converter. Both Sony's have the same issue. My internet speed is a solid 30Mbps. The router is a Netgear R7500. Ugly but fast.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone know if the S6500 can output 1080i50 signal to 1080i60? Want to take the Best Buy deal, but to be able to watch some of my 50Hz blu-rays is important to me. Thanks.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Anyone know if the S6500 can output 1080i50 signal to 1080i60? Want to take the Best Buy deal, but to be able to watch some of my 50Hz blu-rays is important to me. Thanks.
I would assume no as it does not play PAL DVDs.

·
Registered
15,143 Posts
You have region A PAL discs? I didn't know there was such a thing. This player isn't multi-region.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can anyone attest to whether the S5500 outputs regular Dolby Digital, DD Plus, or PCM when watching Netflix? My receiver can't handle DD+.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Remember, Sony players can only access wi-fi at 2.4GHz... My Samsung display can connect at either 2.4/5GHz....

1081 - 1100 of 2253 Posts