AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
For what its worth, I'm not expert on speakers but i LOVE the way these sound. I just got my SA-VS150H's today, and they are a major upgrade over what I had before. My friend helped me set it up, and we turned them on and started watching the Dark Knight, and he said it sounded like we were watching it in a theatre.

I personally wouldn't pay the extra money for the 350's, because they are the same speakers, just on stands. I guess if you need the stands, go ahead, but it wasn't for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachanjm /forum/post/17111309

For what its worth, I'm not expert on speakers but i LOVE the way these sound. I just got my SA-VS150H's today, and they are a major upgrade over what I had before. My friend helped me set it up, and we turned them on and started watching the Dark Knight, and he said it sounded like we were watching it in a theatre.

I personally wouldn't pay the extra money for the 350's, because they are the same speakers, just on stands. I guess if you need the stands, go ahead, but it wasn't for me.

I am thinking about buying this system. What receiver do you use them with and are the speakers loud? Also, is the bass good? Thanks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had to return them, the company I bought them from was full of ..... it was suppose to be a package deal with a receiver but it never came so I didn't fully get to use them. I did try the center and 2 front speakers though and they seemed really nice.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Not to start a war, but if any of you are expecting quality sound out of 2-1/4" 'woofers' (which is what's in the center channel speaker), then you're in for a big surprise.

And then there is the whopping 6" woofer in the sub. What a joke! For the money, you should seriously consider something from The Speaker Company instead. Unless it's all about the looks and you couldn't care less about sound quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I finally got the SA-VS350H speaker system. I got a great deal from B&H photo. It came with the speaker system and the STR-DN1000 Receiver. It is an awesome system for the price. The bass is great and the sound is clear. I have it hooked up to my ps3 via HDMI and when I watch a blu-ray or play a game, the sound in incredible. I recommend getting the SA-VS350H at B&H and picking the kit that is right for you.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was thinking of that exact combo for my dad's den setup, but he'd need stands for those rear speakers. I can't figure out what stands would work for them. Ideas? Does the manual say anything about stands that are intended for the surrounds?

·
Registered
76 Posts
those of you that have the SA-VS150H, do they have keyhole mounting on the speakers? I'm probably going to pick up the package deal from B&H but want to see if I should pick up speaker mounts or if these are already keyhole. Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
nevermind, went ahead and picked up this system (with the STR-DH800 sweet deal on B&H). No keyhole mounts on these so I got some brackets from Monoprice.

I plan on using these as 5.1 and the manual says to join the speakers. Do these joined speakers become the FRONT speakers, or surrounds?

The manual is VERY unclear on this. In many 5.1 systems I see, the front and center channel speakers are normally the more powerful ones, and the surrounds are the lighter-duty. Pairing up these speakers, they essentially become similar to the center channel. I understand that speaker size doesn't exactly determine it's function, but it seems odd to me to have huge surround speakers and small front speakers. ?

Anyone have some thoughts on this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts