AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone?

I just bought a Sony SA-SW2500 to add some punch to my vizio 42" sound bar.Well I got this thing un packed and it didnt have a line in/out cable so I ran to best buy and bought a rocketfish subwoofer cable. Got this thing all hooked up and it is not putting out for SH&$. I'm not sure if I've got a bum sub or if I have done somthing wrong with the set up. I have it set to Normal Phase, Power saver off, and I have to set the power Level and cut off freq all the way up to get any sort of sound at all, and the sound that I get is a pathetic little tiny worthless one. Any suggestions before I take this thing back?

·
Vendor
6,265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtWrestler  /t/1472442/sony-sa-w2500-not-putting-out#post_23307417

Whats up everyone?

I just bought a Sony SA-SW2500 to add some punch to my vizio 42" sound bar.Well I got this thing un packed and it didnt have a line in/out cable so I ran to best buy and bought a rocketfish subwoofer cable. Got this thing all hooked up and it is not putting out for SH&$. I'm not sure if I've got a bum sub or if I have done somthing wrong with the set up. I have it set to Normal Phase, Power saver off, and I have to set the power Level and cut off freq all the way up to get any sort of sound at all, and the sound that I get is a pathetic little tiny worthless one. Any suggestions before I take this thing back?

Do you have the subwoofer connected to the soundbar? Which model soundbar are you using?

It could be a setting in the soundbar setup menu that will reroute the bass to an output which....presumably....you will have connected to the subwoofer.

Tom V.

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
As far as I can tell, this - 42” 5.1 Home Theater Sound Bar with Subwoofer and Satellite Speakers (S4251w-B4) - is the only 42" soundbar listed on the Vizio website.

According to the related documentation, the bar itself has inputs only, as it connects wirelessly to the sub that comes with it. (And the sub feeds the two satellite surround speakers via RCA jacks.)

There's no physical way (i.e., a subwoofer cable) to connect a "regular" sub to that soundbar.

·
Vendor
6,265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck  /t/1472442/sony-sa-w2500-not-putting-out#post_23310155

As far as I can tell, this - 42” 5.1 Home Theater Sound Bar with Subwoofer and Satellite Speakers (S4251w-B4) - is the only 42" soundbar listed on the Vizio website.

According to the related documentation, the bar itself has inputs only, as it connects wirelessly to the sub that comes with it. (And the sub feeds the two satellite surround speakers via RCA jacks.)

There's no physical way (i.e., a subwoofer cable) to connect a "regular" sub to that soundbar.

That complicates it doesn't it?..

I know it is always easier to spend other peoples money but....lose the soundbar and go with a budget 5.1 system with a real AVR(receiver). A basic receiver and 2.1 system will sound so much better, give you easy paths to upgrading(going from 2.1 to 5.1 or 7.1)later and I bet you can keep it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts