AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybobody know if this player will do bass management for the SACD (analog out) ? The specs say it does "multi-channel management" but is not clear if it works for the 6 analog outs as well. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
The short answer is yes.

It will do a crossover at a single fixed frequency (I think it's 100Hz) for any speaker defined as small.

Regards,

·
Registered
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by slimoli
Does anybobody know if this player will do bass management for the SACD (analog out) ? The specs say it does "multi-channel management" but is not clear if it works for the 6 analog outs as well. Thanks for any info.
Check Sony's SACD Player Web Site . They have a write up on the Bass Management features of the new Multichannel SACD players

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Just saw this player at the Good Guys the other day. Though the sales guy couldn't tell me what deinterlacer and MPEG decoder it uses (big surprise), it was obviously inferior to the Kenwood DV-5700 that was playing right next to it IMHO (refering to its deinterlacing performance). So unless you're looking for a reasonably priced multi channel SACD player, I would suggest looking elsewhere. As always, check it out for yourself before making a choice.

Ken

·
Registered
86 Posts
I thought that this player is replacing the 9000ES model. It seems to me that the 9000ES, even if it is very well builted, is a little bit outdated because of the SACD multi channel capabilities (not talking about the flaws at the Prog Scan mode)...

Do you think if my choice is to have a good SACD and prog scan player, Sony will launch a model that will satisfy us??

Best regards,

Paulo

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I have owned both players and to say the 5700 deinterlacer is clearly better is not true. It is better on problem material, but not on 95% of the movies. The 900v is surprisngly good on deinterlacing. I dont think anyone especially on feature material could tell the difference (in my opinion). Now if you have video material then that is another story. I still prefer the RP91 picture rather than the 5700.

Im sure the good guys had the enhancer on the 5700 set so high as well which really hurts the picture.

Andy

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Andy,

When I saw the 5700 and the Sony at the Good Guys, the sales rep was playing the Kenwood demo disk on both players. The Kenwood was much better at deinterlacing the material (which I'm sure was video) than the Sony. I'm sure you're probably right that with most film material most people couldn't tell the difference.

I actually have a Kenwood 5900M on order. I want the jukebox functionality of a 400 disk changer. I went to the Good Guys to look for a player I could "borrow" (30 day return policy) till my 5900M gets here. I went ahead and picked up the 5700 so I could get an idea of how the 5900M will look on my Mitsubishi RPTV. So far I am very pleased with the picture quality.

Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.