AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speaking of SACDs, have you heard about the Sony SACD sale at Tower Records?

From May 23rd thru June 30th, all Sony SACDs marked $19.99 (Stereo SACDs) are on sale for $15.99 and Sony SACDs marked $21.99 (Multichannel SACDs) are on sale for $17.99. A fine deal !

When you couple that with the recent price cuts of the Telarc, Chesky and Heads Up SACDs from $24.99 to $19.99, it's a good time to pick up a few!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Bulldogger
My local Tower doesn't seem to be re-stocking SACDs.
Interesting. I guess it depends where you live. Here in Silicon Valley, the Mountain View and San Mateo Tower Records stores are restocking the SACD section weekly.

So we have a nice selection of SACDs from Sony, Telarc, Rounder, Chesky, Delos, Opus 3, etc.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes, it depends on where you live. The Tower closest to me (Chicago, Loop) has not changed Sony SACD prices. Also, they have very few titles and rarely restock. They have a few AudioQuest but no Telarc titles. However, they are much better than Best Buy or CC. No need to despair though, since Music Direct is relatively close by (just outside the Loop).

·
Premium Member
7,212 Posts
I went to Tower to today and the Sony SACDs were on sale. They was one new title, The Best of the Three degrees. Most of the titles just had cards in the display as Tower has not ordered replacements. I hope that if the rumors are true and Sony does start making hybrid SACDs, this will all change.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bmoura,

I take it back. Sony SACD's are on sale at the Chicago, Loop Tower. Picked up the Szell, Dvorak 8th/9th and Miles Smiles today ($15.99 each from $20.99). You have to go to the cashier though. No sign indicating SACD's on sale and they have not been re-priced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.