AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since there was next to zero info provided about them at CES, I'll start with a guess! I was told that they both will have HDMI1.3, which seems like a no-brainer. My guess is that they will hopefully use some scaled-down version of the PS3 hardware and the more expensive one will decode all the new audio codecs internally and output them as either a direct stream or as 7.1 LPCM as well as output them via a 7.1 analog output. The less expensive one will probably only stream the new codecs and only have a stereo analog output. Other than these differences, they should be about the same. Just a guess, though. Anyone else like to take a shot at predicting the future?

·
Banned
1,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicey /forum/post/0

Well, since there was next to zero info provided about them at CES, I'll start with a guess! I was told that they both will have HDMI1.3, which seems like a no-brainer. My guess is that they will hopefully use some scaled-down version of the PS3 hardware and the more expensive one will decode all the new audio codecs internally and output them as either a direct stream or as 7.1 LPCM as well as output them via a 7.1 analog output. The less expensive one will probably only stream the new codecs and only have a stereo analog output. Other than these differences, they should be about the same. Just a guess, though. Anyone else like to take a shot at predicting the future?

this is more like a MIS-information thread. Couldnt it have waited until there were actual specs out?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, guys. I just started this thread so that if someone actually does have some solid info, they can pass it along here. Sheesh!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.