AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my DTC100 with the Sony SAT HD100.

I think it is a great unit... BUT.... I have been experiencing problems with intermitently losing Audio Synch. The Audio would precede the Video by a second or two for a few minutes. Then the picture would go black for a second and when it returned the Audio would be in synch. However, this condition would repeat itself quite frequently. When I inquired to Sony's Tech Support, they acknowledged that they were aware of the problem and are working on a fix.

Has anyone else out there experienced the same?

I notice it mostly on over the air broadcast of a digital channel out of the S/Vid out into my TiVo. Of course the output is directed as Vid 1/2 UHF/VHF Mode.

------------------

Paul

·
Registered
780 Posts
The Audio synch and video dropouts are a known and often reported problem with the HD100. Here in L.A., there are also problems with OTA digital stations where

1. It doesn't pick up any of the Station IDs, so they all say DIGT.

2. It doesn't always remap the stations after a scan to where they should be so KTTV-DT may be on 11.1, or 65.2 etc.

3. It can't lock onto any of KCET's subchannels when they are multicasting and just flips between them. They've stopped multicasting for now, so that temporarily is not a problem.

Sony say's these will be fixed with a firmware update delivered via DirecTV, but don't have an announced date.

Tony

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.