AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The RF output (as well as composite and S-Video) are disabled when the HD-100 output is switched out of NTSC mode-so if you are using component video output from the HD-100, the other outputs are shut off until you toggle back the HD-100 to Video1/2 output; then the NTSC outputs are switched back on, and the component outs as well as VGA are switched off. Changing connections to your TV will not affect this-it is characteristic of most STB's

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The HD100 will only output from component/VGA or analog, but not both. You said you are getting non-HDTV picture on your digital input, which means that you've probably selected Video 3 or Video 4 output on you HD100. If that's the case, then your composite, RF or S-video will not output a picture. It's one or the other, but not both.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm curious if this box is actually putting out a signal to all of the outputs on the back of the unit if there is a cable/cables attached to it. I have the RF, component video and S video output cables attached and all go to the KP-65XBR10W. I have the S video attached to Video3 in but the TV isn't putting out any picture when Video3 is selected as input. Do I need to disconnect the RF input coax when I do this to get a picture when Video3 is selected? Yet, I can get a non-HDTV video picture when Video5 is selected which is component video. That surprises me because I thought that someone had told me that only HDTV signals would produce a picture when Video5 was selected as the input.

Thanks,

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.