AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was over at the local dealer the other day, and was told that the Sony SAT-HD100 was now listed as discontinued, so that would pretty much mean that something new was going to take it's place.

Has anyone here heard anything about this, does anyone know if this information is true?? If so, does anyone have any idea on what is replacing it??

I need to get an ATSC tuner to DTV/SAT, and liked the HD100, but was hesitant to actually pick it up the other night..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well, I had placed an order for an HD-100 through a friend who works for Sony - that was 2 months ago. In the past I've received electronics I've ordered through him within a week. The last word I had from him is that it was still showing backordered, to which he said "somethings up" this should not be backordered for this long, it may be discontinued. This was two weeks ago. So, it might be.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the local tweeter says it is still available, they can get it, but the nice high-end store says it's marked as discontinued and they can't order anymore as something new is coming out, but they are not sure what it is at this time.

Sony is having some party/show thing this Thursday, so guess I will go beat on the reps for info, as I have plenty of sony ES stuff, they outta like me.. :)

-Howard

·
Registered
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CyberDude
Well the local tweeter says it is still available, they can get it, but the nice high-end store says it's marked as discontinued and they can't order anymore as something new is coming out, but they are not sure what it is at this time.
Perchance a firewire HD STB?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.