Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked my HD100 and it has the following patches applied:

The screen that shows these patches shows little else other than the address associated with the patches. I must admit that at the moment I'm not experiencing any problems with the HD100 at least that I recognize. <G>

I would guess that these patches were already in the HD100 when I received it about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I would like to know the exact steps that you need to go through to talk to what person at what extension at DirecTV to get the latest patches applied. Getting to the right person who is technically knowledgeable at DirecTV can be a major problem.

Additional questions are:

1) are these patches downloaded over the telephone line and then automatically applied or are they somehow downloaded from the satellite? How does this process work? Are all the patches downloaded to all DirecTV users who are registered correctly in the DirecTV database?

2) how do we find out exactly what these patches are supposed to fix? Yes, it's nice if a fix takes care of a problem that you were having but it would be nice to know the details.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
961 Posts
I believe the patches are transmitted via DirecTV's satellite twice a day. Your receiver automatically applies the appropriate new patches as they're transmitted. No need to do anything on your part. Art

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Don't even waste your time trying to find someone at DirecTV who knows what the patches are, let alone an explanation of what they do; all you really can do is verify that they have your hardware (e.g. model) properly recorded. It seems as though you're up-to-date on the HD-100 patches; you can periodically check this board for info on patch updates (it seems like someone always has an inside track). Enjoy your HD-100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.