AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've happily been running emulation on a Hughes Gold receiver and watching on a 10 year old 37" Toshiba via S-video. I recently took advantage of 0% financing and purchased a 57†Sony HDTV ready widescreen. The 57†has now re-sparked my interest into video and audio quality. I’m now more interested in a home theatre environment than watching channels 594-598.

I’m curious if getting myself into something like the Sony SAT-DH100 is going to help me in my new found interest. I love the Hughes software features and I wonder if buying an HD100 will make a huge difference (audio/video) and prepare me for the HDTV future. Please share your thoughts ?

·
Registered
780 Posts
If you like the Hughes interface, you'll hate the Sony HD100. You may want to look at the Hughes HD receiver which is also marketed as the Toshiba DST3000 and Mitsubishi SR-HD5. The Sony has slightly better picture quality than the Hughes, but it's user interface and long list of bugs make it hard to live with. Mine crashes on a daily basis.

Tony

·
Registered
33,772 Posts
Take a look at the very soon-to-be-released Zenith STB. This is unquestionably the most feature rich STB on the market. My experience with the first generation Zenith HD tuner is very favorable. It is better than the Sony HD100 (which I also own & regret having bought).

·
Registered
12 Posts
First off - emulation is a violation of DTV and US Law - I recommend you take your questions to one of the many many DSS pirate sites at your disposal.

Personally, I think all DTV pirates are cheap %$%#$%^ and it pisses me off that law abiding paying customers have to endure the consequences of their actions.

CK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.