AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought SONY HD200 box and replaced my old PANASONIC TU-HDS20 because I was thinking new model better picture right????

WRONG !!!

Panasonic pictures were much better than the Sony I just bought and packed the Sony back and sold.

Don't spend extra money for the SONY HD200 box if you have the Panasonic.

This is my opinion and I will like to hear from peole who is agree with me or not.

Lets hear it guys.

(SONY Box has some good futures though)

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Of the earlier models, I thought the Panny produced the best overall PQ - especially with its upconversion of SD broadcasts. And if we're going strictly by PQ comparison, I'd have a hard time refuting a claim that the Panny and Sony offer similar PQ. However, to say that the "Panasonic pictures were much better than the Sony," well that just doesn't seem right.

I had both and for PQ I'd choose the Sony every time. Make sure you have it set to the correct format settings. There's a lot more tinkering to do with the Sony right out of the box. Now, in terms or reliability I'd probably choose the Panny though. Never had an issue with it, but went through two Sonys and my new Zenith already looks to be having issues too.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I have the panny and tested the sony

Panny : much better PQ and a true native mode

sony: much faster menues and other bells and whistled but upconverts 480i to 480p and i get fat faces all the time in variable (native mode)

i cannot justify spending an ADDITIONAL 800 bucks (maybe 500 after selling my unit on ebay) if the PQ of the sony isnt signficantly better (and the panny is actually still better) and having to watch fat faces all the time

if the sony would just pass thru 480i via component i would have probably gone with it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.