AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is what should I choise for output from box and which connection I should use (DVI, RGB or ?)

I have a HDTV tuner build in this TV and using OTA antenna directly connecting to TV and I get CBS HD broadcasting and some digital channels in Long Island, NY area.But I hear from SONY SAT-HD200 owners that this box picks up more channel than they ever had before and picture is superb.

So please advice what kind of connection and setting I should use? I'm planning to use this box for OTA, CAble and Directv.

Thank you

Mike

·
Registered
506 Posts
I would connect the HD200 with DVI for best PQ. You could keep the antenna connected to the TV or connect to the STB as you would gain a unified program guide including OTA and D* channels. Connecting Cable to the HD200 (assuming cable company encoding is compatible) would minimize number of input changes for usability (OTA, Cable, and D* would use DVI connection).

I realize the above implementation does not utilize the integrated HD receiver. You may want to use the integrated receiver if it provides better PQ that the HD200 on OTA (downside is unified program guide / usability).

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree with Jeff. I recently purchased both the HD-200 and the Sony GWII. Use the DVI connection if you can. This would be the highest quality connection.

I watch OTA HD and I love the integrated OTA menu with the regular DirecTV channels. Very convenient.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I Don't believe the KDP57XBR2 has a DVI input! It has iLink and Component.

I have SATHD100 and KD34XBR2 and use the Component input. Primarily use SATHD100 OTA tuner but do switch to KD34XBR2 when kids want to watch show from DirecTV modulated to remote TV. In my case the KD34XBR2 tuner is superior.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right ! I don't have DVI connection now what am I going to do? Now I have Panasonic HD20 receiver and I have a RGB connection to Denon 3801 and from there to Sony KDP-57XBR2 with RGB connection and OTA antenna connected to TV directly without box or receiver.

SONY HD200 coming and please advise how should I connect OTA, CAble, Directv.

Thanks again

Mike

·
Registered
422 Posts
Your best connection to the 57XBR2 is component. The OTA tuner in the 57XBR2 is absolutely outstanding, and you may find that there's little difference or that the built-in one is better because it has a better physical connection to the display engine. (Soldered rather than through ports and a cable.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you saying don't even bother to go through SONY HD200 just connect OTA directly to SONY KDP-57XBR2 and just use HD200 for cable and directv?

Eveybody was talking about how great picture HD200 has, I thought that maybe better to go through HD200 box instead of directly to TV

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I will like the idea that put all together Cable, OTA and Directv in one box and see channels in one screen will be great i think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.