AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
rouge1,

Thanks for the pricing info (I confirmed $634.99 + tax - $100 MSN cash).

I canceled my existing HD200 order and registered for Circuit City to notify me when product comes in stock. Circuit City will not accept orders for out of stock items.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I saw the price on CC's web page I called the store to make sure they had one in stock. When I ask the salesman on the phone the price, he said $799. I had to print the page from the web site and take it to the store. The salesman said that someone made a mistake on the web site. I noticed that the floor model had a sale price as advertised at $799. Since I had proof of the $634 price, I paid that price. Then the salesman ask that I write a letter of thanks to the manager and salesman for doing such a wonderful job at getting this unit at the reduced price.

·
Registered
552 Posts
This has to be the best deal going right now for this unit. I printed out the price on the web site, took it to the CC where I bought mine, and took advantage of the 110% price guarantee. I guess this shows that, occasionally at least, there are advantages to buying at a B&M. There aren't too many mail order places that would do this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
After reading this, ran to the local CC with my receipt and printout of webpage in hand and got a refund...

I was prepared to fight tooth and nail with a manager for it, but the front desk guy did it no questions asked. I love CC. Now I can go buy more toys..

Greg

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just got back from CC. I returned the rca dtc100 I got last week(open box) and got the hd200 for $634, plus $50 mail in rebate. The girl at the front desk looked up CC on internet and printed the rebate off for me. I love CC.

·
Registered
61 Posts
best deal i've seen yet. cc has great return policy too. very easy to work with them. only problem, i was going to order online, but it makes you agree to the direct tv thing where they can charge your card for not signing up.

can you avoid that when you go in the store and pay cash? or do they require a cc?

right now i only have a movie package on directv which isnt enough to avoid their penalty charge. and i prolly wont upgrade my dish for a year so, i wouldn't get hd directv, so i have no reason to get a better programming package.

i'd like to have the hd directv reciever for when im ready, but for now i will just be using it for watching regular movies and offair hd chans.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Can you subscribe to movies only packages with DirecTV? I have cable and would like to buy HDNet, HBO HiDef and Showtime HiDef without anything else.

What is available?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have both cable and directv, cable for local channels only(2-15) and directv for everything else. That might be an option for you. Most cable companies have this for around $10 a month.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Holy cow...

It really must have been a mistake. Either that or it was the 48 hour HD200 special.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I followed the link and found the price. I minimized the window. Today I went to CC and the shelf said $799. i told the salesguy i swore i saw it on the site for $634. we looked, and the site said $799. i was really confused so i asked him to goto avsforum, and look at this thread. he read it, and told me if i still had the page, he would honor the price. i came home, maximized the internet explorer, luckily i still had it open, printed it, and went back. he gave it to me for 634 :). awesome!

·
Registered
531 Posts
i printed the page out too and went in and the sales guy made a few calls and boom 634 this price was a gift. sales guy said it was most likely a mistake. he said he had to keep printout i said no problem.:D

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Would someone be so kind to scan a copy of their receipt and pass it along? PLEASE.......

Thanks,

Frank T. Lee

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.