AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear all the OTA channels problem for this unit.If I don't connect this receiver to OTA channels and use it only Cable & Directv channels and HD channels in them what will I lose, my TV has HD build in and I use roof antenna connect to my TV directly and whichever HD or Digital channel available for local I get it this way.Connecting roof antenna to SONY HD200 receiver will make any difference than what I'm having now?

And I was using Panasonic HD20 receiver until now and just bought SONY SAT-HD200 and reading all the OTA problems making me nervous.

Thank you for your reply guys

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
If you are happy now with OTA directly thru your tv set..why change? The less you cut the wire from antenna, the better. But, of course, if you want everything to run thru your Sony HD200, run the antenna thru 'ant in' input and see how everything looks. Every installation is somewhat different and only you can be definite about your set up. As for me, I run cable directly into Tv and run Directv and OTA thru my set top box.

·
Banned
946 Posts
I do not know your location but I just replaced my Toshiba DST3000 with the Sony HD200 and it effortlessly pulled in all of the OTA digital channels in my area (NJ/Philadelphia). And the PQ is superb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.