AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess the channel button no longer being able to jump down page by page complicates things. Any suggestions? I now need 4 buttons for the pronto, losing the use of the channel buttons. I think it was a bad move. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jim,

Yes, I returned the RCA and got 2 Sonys for $53.00 each incl. s/h. My old Sony DSS used to perform the same way; the channel button dropped the guide page by page. Now they changed it. I a not thrilled about it either.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by adidadi
I now need 4 buttons for the pronto, losing the use of the channel buttons.
What I have done with my pronto ccf for Sony UTV is programed the "guide" button to jump to new dummy device. This dummy device assigns the hard keys in the follwoing manner:

Ch+ = Scroll up

Ch- = Scroll down

Vol+ = up arrow

Vol- = down arrow

Left = left arrow

Right = right arrow

Mute = "OK" or "Select" and jump back to main Sony UTV pannel.

This works very well. When you press the guide button you jump to another pannel that has all the soft buttons you need for surfing the guide and the hard buttons are used for the most common functions. After you select the desired channel from the guide, press the mute hard key and that will select your channel and jump back to main UTV panel. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.