AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
My home theater is a 2.0 1978 "Sears by Fisher" (same as Fisher RS-1030). I love Vintage.
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony SDP-E800 decoder. I have had it for two years and I am finally about to hook it up and use it for the first time.


Will I be disappointed with this thing while watching movies?


What percentage of movies out there right now will it still be able to decode into surround sound?


Would I be happier if I just chucked it and got a new receiver?


Thanks.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
30,881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3rdgen /forum/post/15411438


I have a Sony SDP-E800 decoder. I have had it for two years and I am finally about to hook it up and use it for the first time.


Will I be disappointed with this thing while watching movies?

?? Who knows what your experience and expectations are?

Quote:
What percentage of movies out there right now will it still be able to decode into surround sound?

You will still find DD on almost all DVDs as a "least common denominator" track.

Quote:
Would I be happier if I just chucked it and got a new receiver?

Probably.
 

· Registered
My home theater is a 2.0 1978 "Sears by Fisher" (same as Fisher RS-1030). I love Vintage.
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.


I will use it while I shop for a new processor.
 

· Registered
My home theater is a 2.0 1978 "Sears by Fisher" (same as Fisher RS-1030). I love Vintage.
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought a Harman Kardon AVR 247.


I had not planned on buying anything for at least a few months, but I saw this AVR 247 with the 7.1 pre-outs on it. It was inexpensive and figured I would give it a try. I just hope I don't need a degree in AV Science to set up and operate it. I have been using an old Fisher RS727 as my surround system for the last 15 years, well it isn't really surround any more since it won't decode any of the formats out there today which is the reason for the upgrade.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top