AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can anyone advise on this problem please,

I have just purchased a sony ct60 soundbar to use with panasonic gt50.

I have connected it from tv optical output to optical input on the soundbar, it works fine using the supplied sony remote, but i expected my sky tv remote volume would work with the soundbar via the tv, ie increase/decrease volume of soundbar in so doing away with the sony remote for volume control.

Can anyone tell me how i can achieve this, The soundbar has OPTICAL/ANALOG/COAXIAL inputs.

The skyhd box is the only other equipment connected to the tv.

·
Registered
12,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1 Bob  /t/1468639/sony-soundbar-set-up-for-volume#post_23213065

Hi

Can anyone advise on this problem please,

I have just purchased a sony ct60 soundbar to use with panasonic gt50.

I have connected it from tv optical output to optical input on the soundbar, it works fine using the supplied sony remote, but i expected my sky tv remote volume would work with the soundbar via the tv, ie increase/decrease volume of soundbar in so doing away with the sony remote for volume control.

Can anyone tell me how i can achieve this, The soundbar has OPTICAL/ANALOG/COAXIAL inputs.

The skyhd box is the only other equipment connected to the tv.

Unless you can program your sky tv remote to control the sound bar you will need to by a universal remote. The TV remote could control the soundbar thru hdmi but sounds like you don't have that option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.