AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a Sony 32FS17 recently purchase during a sales at a Tweeter store, which have already being tweaked by a TWEETER TECNICIAN (not me!) twice. The best results I could get from him were a 7% overscan on the sides (tested with Avia) that doesn’t entirely hide a distortion on the left side of the screen when watching dark scenes pushing to brown. The top and bottom overscan is 5% and anything bellow this settings shows a extremely distorted brighter image on the left side and a strong white line on the right top. In addition, my TV has a quite visible whiter area with about 5“ top to bottom located at about of 1/3 of the screen, which he told me is a normal screen shade and recommended me to play with the contrast and brightness to hide it. (The problem is that when I do it, I also remove all the details from the dark scenes.)

The technician said that these problems are normal and that they are under Sony’s specifications. Therefore, does anyone know what Sony considers on specification for this TV? I also want to know if there is any other way to fix these problems?

:confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rick

Thanks a lot for the service manual. I was really looking for it.

Regarding my calibration, I did everything I could without getting in the service menu. I am very concern with the idea of void my warrant. Specially, because I still not convinced that Sony considers these problems standard. (Do you think they are?)

Now my system is calibrated with Avia. The overall image is good, but with the brighter area in the center left of the screen and the 1 inch light color distortion on the left side that I mentioned before.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I think I would be demanding another TV by now. What is Tweeter's policy towards exchanging TV's? I'd tell them the TV hasn't worked properly since Day 1 and you want another TV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.