AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v090fmi2E5c

This is the video in question. Its the second one that I have shot first one was on a different day and looked similar when uploaded to Youtube from a different computer on a different day.

What is causing this? How can I fix it? Is it a problem with youtube or my camera/ or my docking station?

Thanks

EDITED TO ADD:

Looks like the problem has fixed itself!

This is the older video which obviously still has the same problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ib6Y...eature=related

Youtubes fault?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Probably youtube's fault but hard to say. The video in the first link looks fantastic in HD. Lots of excellent detail when you go under the hood. Did you edit or re-encode before uploading or did you just upload the raw m2ts files straight from the camera. If you did edit or re-encode could you tell me what settings and software you used?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdisker /forum/post/17016937

Probably youtube's fault but hard to say. The video in the first link looks fantastic in HD. Lots of excellent detail when you go under the hood. Did you edit or re-encode before uploading or did you just upload the raw m2ts files straight from the camera. If you did edit or re-encode could you tell me what settings and software you used?

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply,

I just imported the files with the handycam utility provided and then uploaded them straight to youtube so no editing was done. The more I think about it the more I think it was youtube's fault. Im still a major newb when it comes to this stuff, its my first camcorder.

Edited to add: Speaking of editing software, what would you guys recommend? I know there's sony vegas pro and I know adobe has one as well, I know I can probably find other threads pertaining to software but figure if I have your guys attention why not ask?! Most of my footage will be car related ( a lot of which is shot at night if that matters)

·
Registered
141 Posts
KingCobrasvt_99,

Wow, that is a sweet car!

Cybrlink's Powerdirector v8 will easily import your AVCHD clips. You can add titles, transitions, and effects.

When you finished editing, click Produce, then YouTube. Fill in your login name, password and description. The program defaults to HD Quality.

You then click the Start button. PowerDirector produces your video and uploads to YouTube.

It is a pretty slick piece of software.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts