AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have a Onkyo RC-360 with the powered zone two. I would like to put 2 speakers in my living/man room to play music. I was looking at the Polk Tsi-100 for $144 on amazon but then I saw the raving reviews on Amazon for these Sonys. The room is large, carpeted with mid size ceilings. Are these Sonys worth it? The price is great.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Well ignore the TSi100's as at $144 they are still over priced. They sound exactly like the Polk Monitor 30 Series ii at $90 on sale

Polk Monitor 40 Series ii which are equal to the TSi200's in specs but quite a bargain at $120

Polk RTi4 are higher than both the Monitor Series ii and TSi's and can be had for $160 shipped

The Sony SS-B3000's will most likely have the most bass in your budget

·
Registered
429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyar /forum/post/20859737

Hey everyone,

I have a Onkyo RC-360 with the powered zone two. I would like to put 2 speakers in my living/man room to play music. I was looking at the Polk Tsi-100 for $144 on amazon but then I saw the raving reviews on Amazon for these Sonys. The room is large, carpeted with mid size ceilings. Are these Sonys worth it? The price is great.

I have a pair of ss-b1000 as desktop 2.1 system and they're great I love them...I had them on my living room at one point and they sounded great...

Many ppl here will bash all over those sony speakers because the damn cross over ain't made out of gold...but you can get them at your local BB store and listen to them, if they don't convince you simply return them..

·
Registered
Display: TCL 65R617, AVR: Denon X2300W, Source: PS4 Pro, Fronts: Infinity Primus 250
3,235 Posts
I will back up the previous poster. I have the B3000's as my front speakers and they sound good......far better than their sub $100 price tag woukd indicate. They don't compare to real speakers, but at their price tag it is one of the best bang-for-buck deals for lower end speakers.

The B3000's really bring the lower frequencies. My HT system rumbles nicely and I don't even have a sub yet!

·
Registered
429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyar /forum/post/20863638

Almost made the switch to some Bic's, but ended up with the B3000. Cant wait!

Good choice, I have the smaller b1000 because I have them on my desktop and the b3000 would be too big but I've heard them and they indeed have great high freq's Happy listening man!

·
Registered
Display: TCL 65R617, AVR: Denon X2300W, Source: PS4 Pro, Fronts: Infinity Primus 250
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyar
Almost made the switch to some Bic's, but ended up with the B3000. Cant wait!
Let us know what you think of them once you've given them a good listening to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.