AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm listening to the same song on a Polk psw 10 sub powered by a pioneer 920 and then on Sony ss f7000s powered by a yamaha rx 667. The sonys are hitting deeper bass frequencies. How is this possible?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
What do you think of your sony speakers? I have a pair in the basement that I bought before I decided on getting my Canton speakers. To me they sound like they have blanket over them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by benclement11 /forum/post/0

What do you think of your sony speakers? I have a pair in the basement that I bought before I decided on getting my Canton speakers. To me they sound like they have blanket over them.

I think the sonys are decent for the price. But I do agree with your thoughts on them. My monitor 70s have more detail and produce a better overall sound and are louder. But they still can't hit that deep bass like the sonys. Unless there is a difference in receivers. Polk being powered by pioneer 920 and Sony being powered by yamaha.

·
Registered
376 Posts
the psw10 and the ssf7000's have the same low end frequency responses ... the Sony's are bass friendly though... Polk's are not usually known for there great subwoofers. Not real sure if different receivers would be the problem because the sub should sound the same on either since it has its own amp . speakers on the other hand if your playing both at the same time will have four 8 inch subs going at the same time vs one 10 inch polk

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostaylo /forum/post/0

I think the sonys are decent for the price. But I do agree with your thoughts on them. My monitor 70s have more detail and produce a better overall sound and are louder. But they still can't hit that deep bass like the sonys. Unless there is a difference in receivers. Polk being powered by pioneer 920 and Sony being powered by yamaha.

Please don't ever put the cheap Polk subs and their M70s in the same category again.

The Polk Monitors speakers are wonderful, while every single cheap Polk sub is total and complete garbage.

The Sony sub may be slightly better than the Polk, but that's not saying much...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 /forum/post/0

How high is the volume set on the Polk?

I usually set the subwoofer volume anywhere from 60 to 90% of it's max on the subwoofer itself. My receiver volume is usually between 30 and 60% of it's max.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse /forum/post/0

Please don't ever put the cheap Polk subs and their M70s in the same category again.

The Polk Monitors speakers are wonderful, while every single cheap Polk sub is total and complete garbage.

The Sony sub may be slightly better than the Polk, but that's not saying much...

Yeah I guess I learned the hard way about the Polk sub.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update. I Hooked up the Sonys to the pioneer 920 and now they aren't hitting the low bass that they were hitting with the yamaha. I can't figure it out.

Using the same song to test it. Tried setting them in both small and large. I can hear the lowest bass very slightly on the pioneer. But the same sony speakers on the yamaha receiver hit that same low frequency at a much louder level it seems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts