AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas y'all

Instead of changing my speakers I have been looking at a new receiver for my 5.1 setup for some time now.

My current set up is:

Denon 2310 ( almost 9 years old)
Dali Ikon 6 front
Dali Ikon Vokal 2 center
Dali On-wall rears
Dali Ikon sub
Ps 4 pro
Benq 1070 projector

Wanted to go with something in the mid-range of recievers. The setup is mainly used for gaming and watching blu-ray movies. It based in my cellar and I wont be needing Heos or Zone 2 really. Atmos is nice and the room could certainly accommodate it, but I have no plans for it right now.

I have reading a lot on both the Marantz SR 6011 (on sale here in Denmark for around 875$) and the Sony STR-1080DN (on christmas sale at 477$)

I'm looking for some advice on if the Marantz would justify the almost double cost? Or if the Sony would do a decent job for a setup as mine or would I be lacking power?

Thanks a lot in advance...

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Both get good reviews. My choice would be the Marantz. Much better connectivity,Audyssey XT32,pre-outs for future addition of amps if you should want, and a solid well made product.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Merry Christmas y'all

Instead of changing my speakers I have been looking at a new receiver for my 5.1 setup for some time now.

My current set up is:

Denon 2310 ( almost 9 years old)
Dali Ikon 6 front
Dali Ikon Vokal 2 center
Dali On-wall rears
Dali Ikon sub
Ps 4 pro
Benq 1070 projector

Wanted to go with something in the mid-range of recievers. The setup is mainly used for gaming and watching blu-ray movies. It based in my cellar and I wont be needing Heos or Zone 2 really. Atmos is nice and the room could certainly accommodate it, but I have no plans for it right now.

I have reading a lot on both the Marantz SR 6011 (on sale here in Denmark for around 875$) and the Sony STR-1080DN (on christmas sale at 477$)

I'm looking for some advice on if the Marantz would justify the almost double cost? Or if the Sony would do a decent job for a setup as mine or would I be lacking power?

Thanks a lot in advance...
Value is always a tough call and very subjective, so I'll ask a few questions that may help your decision.

Any chance you could hear your speakers with each AVR? Or buy from someplace with a reasonable return policy? Trying in your home with your other gear is about as good as it gets.

Have you done a feature by feature comparison? That might help differentiate the products.

What's your home theater game plan 2 to 3 years from now? Would either of these products work better then and save the cost of an upgrade?

Are you planning to use room correction software? Any preferences there?

Does one product address any current issues in your home theater while the other doesn't?

Do both products support all of your connectivity needs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts